Saturday, March 20, 2010

My 1st post in 18 Feb 2006.
Over 4 years, I've accumulated some 251 entries (excluding this one).

Reading those archived entries is really an interesting thing to do. All of a sudden, I feel myself being brought back to the good old days in TJ. For most of the entries, I could visualise the exact scenario that the events took place and when and where the entries were being posted.
Its been more than 3 years since I left TJ, and today, I truly believe that I've spent the happiest days of my life there.

All the while, I have enjoyed studying what I studied in TJ (perhaps minus the memorising of the bio stuff and the SPAs).
I still rmb that I liked chem and maths a lot.
I still rmb I were on very friendly terms with my tutor.
I still rmb how that Ah Chong kept calling me. YUCKS.
Studying was really a bliss in a non-competitive envt.

I enjoyed my CCA..pretending to do sth constructive in SCICO but end up doing nth actually.
I too enjoyed the bus 67 rides home after Physics S and SCICO with zj.

Back then, thou we were physically bounded by the dirty-green uniform, we were spiritually freed from the many responsibilities and troubles. No work was ever too difficult to handle back then. Or even if there were, you knew that u were not alone. Unlike the present, where you are supposed to face whatever being thrown to you, be it good or bad, alone. Yes, you have frens around. But they may not feel what you are feeling like the way my classmates used to do, cos of their bkgd or intellectual development. Afterall, they don't even share the same timetable as you.

Nobody is there to monitor your grades and tell you what you shd study and what you shdn't.
Nobody is there to mark attendance when the clock strikes 830am.
Nobody cares whether you are even there in the classroom or not.

There is no warmth in the cold TRs and LTs. Pple leave almost immediately when the class ends, and before you know it, you're out of class and walking around somewhere, alone.

Independence comes with a heavy price called responsibilities. Assignments one after another. Exam dates are smashed right onto your face when you planned your timetable. YOU are supposed to do your own time management. YOU are supposed to know what to do, when to do what and how to do. Isn't it tiring?

Undoubtedly, life in TJ was the best.